ANDY ROBERTSON REFLECTS ON AMAZING ANFIELD FOLLOWING WITH INJURY



 Andy Robertson hailed  the amazing feeling of being back in action for liverpool  in the 5-2 victory over Norwich city on Sunday afternoon 


The Reds secured a place in the fifth round of the Emirates FA Cup thanks to goals from Curtis Jones, Darwin Nunez, Diogo Jota, Virgil van Dijk and Ryan Gravenberch.

Robertson also stepped off the bench during the second half of the win over the Canaries to a rousing Anfield reception, picking up his first minutes since suffering a shoulder injury last October.

"It was amazing," the full-back reflected to ITV post-match. "That’s the kind of feeling I’ve been waiting for. The feeling that I’ve been [missing] and the tough days in the gym that I’ve had away from all the lads, that’s what I’ve had to keep in my mind.


"The reception that I got will stay with me for a long time. I can’t thank the crowd enough for that. That’s what kind of got me through the tough times. There’s been a lot of them over the last four months and I’m just delighted to be back on the pitch now."

Read on for the rest of the interview with the No.26 below…

On getting through into the fifth round of the FA Cup…

We’re fighting on all fronts. You want to keep going in every competition. Obviously we’re already in one final and sitting nicely in the Premier League but we know [there’s] a long way to go.

The FA Cup is such an important competition. We know how it feels to win it and you always want to be in the hat so thankfully we’re through safely.

On how he reacted to the news of Jürgen Klopp’s upcoming summer departure…

Like the rest of the world, it was a bit of a shock. When he told us all I think nobody really knew where to look or what to do. You have to respect his decision. He’s thought long and hard about it. He’s not a rash person. He’s obviously thought a lot with it in terms of his family and everything like that. For what he has done for this club we will all be forever grateful.

I think he doesn’t want the fans singing his song and that, but I think he’s going to lose that battle! Unfortunately, I think the fans [will] always want to say a proper goodbye to him. But for us players the one thing he asked of us is that it has to be business as usual. We have to keep fighting on all fronts. We have to keep winning games and hopefully that results in giving him a send off that he truly deserves.

M N HENRY

I AM A YOUNG TEENAGER FROM CALABAR NIGERIA CURRENTLY BASED IN LAGOS I INTEND TO ENTERTAIN YOU WITH MY CREATIVE SKILLS THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post